2. The "Swimming Hole Tour" (available only when water levels are too low for the Adventure Tour) launches from and returns to our riverside campground. You can visit the "Jumping Rock Swimming Hole" and the "Swinging Footbridge". No shuttle is required for this self-guided trip. Canoes are $40 (for 2 people), kayaks are $30. Includes parking and all equipment.
3. The "Island Tour" (available only when water levels are too low for all other tours) Launches from and returns to the campground. The trip is in deeper water and is about 2 miles. Boats are rented for 2 hours. Good trip for kids, pets, picnicking and swimming. Canoes are $30, kayaks are $20.
4. Shuttle for Privatly Owned Boats.
- Single passenger boats are $20. (example: one person with a kayak or canoe).
- Multi-passenger boats are $30 for the boat and 2 passengers. $5 for each additional person/large pet (example: Canoe + 3 people is $35). Includes free parking at our campground/take-out.
*Keep the boats "for the day" (boats must be returned before dark and at a time set by management). Late boats are subject to late fees.
Mill Creek Lake
Mill Creek Lake at Natural Bridge State Park is the perfect place for beginners, and the fishing is great. Open from mid-May through Labor Day every Saturday and Sunday starting at 10am, with our last boats going out at 5pm. We rent tandem and single kayaks only on the lake. Tandem kayaks are $35 (for two people), single kayaks are $20. New this season are paddleboard rentals for $20 for 2 hours. Call 606-339-4920 or 606-663-8822 or email for details and reservations.
Located at Richmond, Kentucky in the Lake Reba City Park complex, this lake has great fishing and is surrounded by jogging trails and a golf course. Open weekends and holidays starting in late April, 10am with last boats being rented a 6pm every Saturday, and noon to 6pm Sunday. Tandem kayaks are $35, single kayaks are $20. Call 606-663-8822 or email for details and reservations.
Check Water Levels. The "Adventure Tour" requires at least 18-20 CFS (cubic feet per second). 20+ CFS usually means a good trip with little or no portage. Expect age/ability restrictions with CFS of 60 - 100+. We do the "Swimming Hole" tour once the river drops below 12-18 CFS.
Note: The CFS does not tell the whole story of the Red. Call us at 606-663-5258/1012 for conditions and reservations. Trips may be cancelled or changed without notice due to weather/river levels.